Traditional Tuscan Cooking Class with Florentine Chef
There is no such thing as Italian cuisine- but rather regional Italian cuisine. In Italy, there are 21 regions of Italy and varies from city to city, even! This lesson offers a hands-on overview of Florentine and Tuscan cuisine with traditional appetizers, first courses like peasant bread and local vegetable soups (pappa al pomodoro) or summer heirloom tomato salads (panzanella), slow-cooked sauces (ragu'), sliced steak done in the Florentine style (tagliata), historical beef stews (peposo), roast meats (arista) and typical desserts like sweet breads and almond biscotti (cantuccini). The cooking class is complete with fresh pasta making. Depending on the season, you'll make gnudi, pappardelle, pici pasta as well as tagliatelle and gnocchi in order to visit pasta techniques from other Italian regions.
- English/Italian bilingual culinary instructor
- Fresh pasta making by hand
- Make appetizers with seasonal delicacies such as zucchini flowers
- Food market walk in Florence
- Learn how to make tomato sauces- from scratch!
- Meet a local chef and dive in to Tuscan cuisine
- Full-course menu with wine (appetizers, first course, second course and dessert!)
- Bake Tuscan cookies "cantuccini" and other Italian desserts
- Sit-down lunch of your creations with chef
- Culinary and cultural immersion
- Pick-up priceless tips in the kitchen
Start time: Morning (9/9:30am start) or Afternoon (4:30/5pm start) Days: Monday-Saturday (Sundays vary) Duration: 4/5hours, including sit-down meal with wine Inclusions: *Market walk & shop, full-course meal instruction, 100% hands-on, all food/ingredients, personalized lesson with chef, water, coffee and wine. Group Cost: starting from 125eu pp Private Cost: Please Inquire. Cost depends on group size and request. Not included: Travel insurance, extra hours, additional hours and trip cancellation insurance. *Market walk not available for evening cooking classes. NOTE ON CAPACITY: The morning class maxes out at 4, the evening class maxes out at 6. If you are a larger group, we can accommodate you in a larger venue, please inquire for rates and availability.
You will be in fine hands with an exceptional chef who loves teaching people the beauty of Tuscan cuisine to students from around the world. With this classic cooking class in Florence, you'll start off as a student and leave as a dear friend with priceless memories and knowledge of Tuscan cuisine.