Gourmet Food Lover's Tour: Tasting at Hidden Gems
Florence is home to the some of the best foods and family run bottegas. On this food tour in Florence, we will taste the regions finest specialties off the beaten path on this fun food lover's crawl. You will visit true artisan food purveyors such as bakers, coffee roasters, deli shops procuring goods from their own farms and local wines, street food stands, institutional gelato parlors and more. You'll taste prized ingredients such as fresh olive oil, aged balsamic vinegar, truffles, local cheeses, artisan cured meats, and learn all about sweet baked goods and rustic Italian bread making. This tour is a must for true food lovers who want to get down to the grain of the local food culture while meeting the city's most cherished and charismatic vendors.
- Small-group (6max) Gourmet Tour with a local expert
- 5 gourmet tasting pit-stops, 2 wine tasting stops included
- Crash course into Florentine food culture and traditional Tuscan goods
- Progressive Food Crawl with several stops
- Florentine sweet pastries and biscotti
- Fresh-baked breads, learn how they are made
- Italian coffee culture
- Artisan cheese and cured meat tasting
- Fine product tastings of Truffles, Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar
- Discover hidden foodie gems of Florence
- Wine tastings (bubbly with truffles, local red wine with salami, etc)
- Meeting local characters and purveyors
- Wholly artisanal gelato.
Our gourmet food tour in Florence is perfect for food lovers, chefs, bakers, cooks, farm-to-table enthusiasts and seekers of understanding local culture. After your food tour, you will feel more confident to return to these shops and know what defines the local food landscape. Be prepared for an authentic backdoor journey through these locals-only food shops.
Start time: 9:30am, 10am, 3pm, 3:30pm Days: Monday-Saturday Duration: 3 hours Inclusions: All tastings (according to availability and shop) and personable, bilingual food expert. Group Tour Cost: 85€eu (max 6) Private Tour Cost: Please Inquire. Cost depends on group size and request. Not included: Travel insurance, transport, additional tastings and trip cancellation insurance. Optional add-ons (available for private tours): Guided fine wine tastings, visits to gelato laboratory, visits behind-the-scenes at bakeries, etc.
We can accommodate virtually any food lifestyle. Just let us know how we can help. If you would like to start later or earlier than the times listed OR have a party larger than 6, please send us an inquiry via REQUEST PRIVATE EXPERIENCE. We quote in EU€ but process all payments in USD (no commissions added) plus online merchant/ticketing fees.