Pienza and Montepulciano: Artisan Cheeses and Red Wines
If you're a cheese and wine person, this tour is just for you. Meet the producer on a cheese farm and wine tour in Montepulciano. Get properly introduced to artisan, organic cheese making facilities, enjoy a several course cheese flight, wine pairings all on a scenic estate miles away from the rumbles of city life. We'll visit the town of Pienza- a UNESCO site that is one of the greatest representations of humanist architecture! Pienza was designed to be a sort of utopia, and you'll see why when you witness its stunning scenery. This day is complete with a visit to a winery in Montepulciano where you will learn and taste exceptional red wines of the area: Vino Nobile and Rosso di Montepulciano.
Highlights & Inclusions:
- Friendly, knowledgeable English/Italian bilingual tour leader
- 1 Cheese Farm Tour in Pienza with lunch
- Brief Stroll though the scenic town of Pienza
- 1 Wine Cellar Tour at a Vineyard Estate in Montepulciano
- Lunch on-site at the Cheese Farm for Group Tours (lunch costs paid separately)
- Round-trip transfer in/out Florence
- Lunch includes cheese flight with wine tasting
- Visit cheese ageing rooms and production facilities
- Understand true, artisanal organic pecorino cheese production
- Guided wine cellars tour and tasting of Montepulciano wines
- Assistance with purchase and shipping
Start time: 9:00am Days: Daily Duration: 8/9hours Inclusions: Escorted transport in comfortable climate controlled vehicle, cheese farm tour with bilingual guides, wine tasting in Montepulciano wine country, artisan cheese tasting, cellar tours, lunch booking (cost of lunch included only for group tours), stops in nearby villages and personable, bilingual guide/leader. Group Tour Cost: 190eu per person group rate (max 6 people) Private Tour Cost: Please Inquire. Cost depends on group size and request. Not included: Travel insurance, extra hours, additional tastings and trip cancellation insurance. Optional add-ons for Private Tours: visit of Montepulciano for scenic strolls & sightseeing , lunch booking at rustic trattoria in Montepulciano town.
We quote group wine tours in EU on behalf of a local Florence-based tour operator who sells & organizes small group join-in wine tours which follow our philosophy.