Traditional Chianti Classico Experience
In less than an hour from Florence, end up in the winding Tuscan countryside to taste the best wines of Chianti. Learn about this wine region that has over 500 years of history including feuds between Siena and Florence. Taste and discover the king grape of Tuscany: Sangiovese! No trip to Tuscany is complete without a winery tour in Chianti Classico tasting the finest producers of both quality and caliber. You'll learn the difference between Chianti, its sub-zones and Chianti Classico and taste at wineries in 2 of Chianti Classico's villages.We taste several wines from Chianti Classico with guided tours of the wine cellars. In between cellar tours, we have time to explore small village towns like Castellina and Greve, hamlets like Montefioralle and break with a rustic Tuscan lunch either at one of the wineries we visit or in one of the small towns in the countryside. This wine tour is enjoyable by a variety of wine lovers from 1st time visitors to Tuscany, seasoned Sangiovese enthusiasts or those just getting to know Sangiovese-based Tuscan wines and want to discover truly high quality wines from Chianti Classico.
- Winery selections by Curious Appetite's director Coral Sisk, certified sommelier and writer
- Morning visit to a stunning, family-run winery in the Chianti Classico countryside with the option to lunch onsite
- Round-trip transfer in/out Florence in climate-controlled vehicle with a friendly, expert and professional driver
- Guided visit of 2 unique wine cellars in 2 distinct villages of Chianti Classico and tasting
- Afternoon visit to a contrasting winery in a different village of Chianti Classico
- Visits to beautiful villages and charming Tuscan hamlets along the wine trails
- Sit-down Tuscan lunch at the wine estate or at a rustic trattoria in a small town
- Extra Virgin Tuscan olive oil tasting produced by the wineries visited
- Assistance with wine purchase and shipping
Start time: 9am Days: Daily Duration: 8/9hours Inclusions: Escorted transport in comfortable climate controlled vehicle, all wine tastings, cellar tours, lunch (for group tour), stops in nearby villages and personable, English-speaking driver. Group Tour Cost: 175eu per person group rate (max 6 people) Private Tour Cost: Please Inquire. Cost depends on group size and request. Not included: Travel insurance, extra hours, additional tastings and trip cancellation insurance.
We quote group wine tours in EU on behalf of a local Florence-based tour operator who sells & organizes small group join-in wine tours which follow our philosophy.