Brunello di Montalcino: Tuscany's Fine Red Wine
Visit Tuscany's most prized red wine region of Montalcino with us! If you appreciate elegant Italian red wines, this experience is for you. Brunello di Montalcino wine is made with 100% Sangiovese and requires a minimum of 4 years before it can be released to the public thus making it a carefully created wine of caliber. We visit exceptional producers off the beaten wine roads. You'll also learn the difference between the varieties of Sangiovese used in Tuscany, Rosso di Montalcino vs Brunello di Montalcino, DOCG laws which govern Brunello production, Tuscan wine culture and more. Experience a variety of Tuscan charm with a stroll through the wine-centric town of Montalcino, tasting local specialties during lunch and touring winery cellars that produce some of Italy's most coveted wine.
- English/Italian bilingual guide/escort
- Round-trip transfer in/out Florence
- Get immersed in Italian wine culture
- Guided visit of 2 unique wine cellars and tasting
- Meet family wine makers of several generations!
- Stroll the villages in this scenic wine region of Tuscany
- Sit-down Tuscan lunch at the wine estate
- Learn the mysteries behind Brunello wines
- Assistance with purchase and shipping
Start time: 9am Days: Daily Duration: 8/9hours Inclusions: Escorted transport in comfortable climate controlled vehicle, all wine tastings, cellar tours, lunch (for group tour), stops in nearby villages and personable, bilingual guide/leader. Group Tour Cost: 190eu per person group rate (max 6 people) Private Tour Cost: Please Inquire. Cost depends on group size and request. Not included: Travel insurance, extra hours, additional tastings and trip cancellation insurance.
We quote group wine tours in EU on behalf of a local Florence-based tour operator who sells & organizes small group join-in wine tours which follow our philosophy.