The Big World of Super Tuscan Wines in Bolgheri
Bolgheri is on the cutting edge for Tuscan wine making. It is home to famed Super Tuscans such as Salsicaia, Tignanello and Le Pergole Torte that wine enthusiasts dream of. We will visit a mix of both cult producers and family-run cellars who fuse tradition with innovation, while meeting the regions finest producers of international grape varieties such as Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot. The tour will unlock the mysteries behind Super Tuscan wines, its terroir and their unique wine making techniques. Break with a gourmet lunch with curated wine pairings in the historical center of Bolgheri, the home of poet Giosuè Carducci. In the afternoon you will visit another winery and take a stroll along the sparkling sea before returning to your residence.
- English/Italian bilingual guide/escort
- Luxury transport in/out Florence
- Meet small-scale wine producers as well as cult labels
- Guided visit of 2 unique wine cellars and tasting
- Discover the innovative world of Super Tuscan Wines
- Town strolls and breathtaking sea views along the wine road
- Sit-down Tuscan lunch in a stylish, enoteca restaurant in town
- Assistance with purchase and shipping
Start time: 9am Days: Daily Duration: 8/9hours Inclusions: Escorted transport in comfortable luxury vehicle, all wine tasting appointments, cellar tours, lunch booking, curated lunch and wine pairing selections, stops in nearby villages and personable, bilingual guide/leader. * Private Tour Cost: Please Inquire. Cost depends on group size and request. Max 6 people. Not included: Travel insurance, extra hours, additional tastings and trip cancellation insurance.
*Please note this Boutique Wine Tour in Bolgheri is only available as a private option.