Gourmet Food Lover's Tour: Tasting at Hidden Gems
Florence is home to the some of the best foods and family run bottegas. On this food tour in Florence, we will taste the regions finest specialties off the beaten path on this fun food lover's crawl. You will visit true artisan food purveyors such as bakers, coffee roasters, family-owned bottegas procuring goods from their own farms and local wines, a truffle cafe, institutional gelato parlors and more. You'll taste prized ingredients such as fresh olive oil, truffle goodies, aged balsamic vinegar, local cheeses (ewe's milk pecorino), artisan cured meats, and learn all about Florentine's food history while getting a sense of the city with this specialty gourmet walk. This tour is a must for true food lovers who want to get down to the grain of the local food culture while meeting the city's most cherished and charismatic vendors.
- Small-group, culinary tour of Florence with a local, passionate expert
- 5 gourmet tasting pit-stops, with a wine tasting stop included
- Crash course into Florentine food culture and traditional Tuscan goods
- Florentine sweet pastries and biscotti
- Guided walking tour in the center of Florence, tasting at hidden nooks
- Visit to an artisan bakery & truffle cafe
- Italian coffee culture & decadent lesser-known breakfast pastries
- Visit traditional bakeries & bottegas peppered with historical curiosities
- Artisan cheese and cured meat tasting
- Fine product tastings of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from around Italy & Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- Discover hidden foodie gems of Florence
- Wine tastings (i.e. bubbly with truffles, local red wine with prosciutto, etc)
- Meeting local characters and purveyors
- Wholly artisanal gelato.
Our gourmet food tour in Florence is perfect for food lovers, chefs, bakers, cooks, farm-to-table enthusiasts and seekers of understanding local culture. After your food tour, you will feel more confident to return to these shops and know what defines the local food landscape. Be prepared for an authentic backdoor journey through these locals-only food shops.
Start time: 9:30am, 10am, 3pm, 3:30pm Days: Monday-Saturday Duration: 3 hours Inclusions: All tastings (according to availability and shop) and personable, bilingual food expert. Group Tour Cost: $105 (equating 85€eu) per adult, $65 per child under 12 years of age. (group size max 6-8) Private Tour Cost: Please Inquire. Cost depends on group size and request. Not included: Travel insurance, transport, additional tastings and trip cancellation insurance. Optional add-ons (available for private tours): Guided fine wine tastings, visits to gelato laboratory, visits behind-the-scenes at bakeries, etc.
We can accommodate virtually any food lifestyle. Just let us know how we can help. If you would like to start later or earlier than the times listed OR have a party larger than 8, please send us an inquiry via REQUEST PRIVATE EXPERIENCE. We quote in EU€ but process all payments in USD plus online merchant/ticketing fees.